3.18.2013

March 18, 2013

And so.

I guess a lot of you are expecting some grand and marvelous "abschied" words, but I don't have much to say.

This has been the weirdest, coolest, craziest, hardest, most spiritual, most stressful time of my life, all packed into about a year and a half. Sometimes I wonder how I even managed to do it, or why the heck I thought it would be a good idea, but at the end of the day I can only look back and smile and laugh. Think about it - I just spent a significant amount of time wandering the streets of a strange land talking to cookoo crazy people all day with a girl I barely know, and speaking a language that I thought I would never learn. And somehow my heart has grown two sizes too big for me, I feel like I can barely contain the love I have for the people I've met. Well, most of them.

I don't want to talk about it anymore, I'm already starting to cry.

I want you to know that I know that God is there. I feel His presence so strongly when I testify of His love for us. I feel it even more when I testify of the divinity of His Son, Jesus Christ. I feel that I now know my Savior so much more, and I have begun to comprehend his Atonement in a way that I never would have fully grasped if it wasn't for my mission. That is due in part to the Book of Mormon, which has enabled me to strengthen my faith in Him and has been a conduit for precious revelation. I have also developed a sacred relationship to the Bible during this time, and for that I am incredibly grateful.

Thank you for all your letters, words of wisdom, support, and comfort you have given me. I can assure you that they have not only blessed my life, but also the lives of those I taught.

I love you all.

Love,
Sister Lesa Young

No comments:

Post a Comment