3.18.2013

March 11, 2013

Oh my dayyyyys this has been the best week ever! But not for any missionary reasons. Just for fun reasons. Ha.

Ok ok ok here we go.

So last Wednesday we went to Minden (a city close to ours) to help the Elders there with an Ausstellung...I think that's a street display in English. Anyway, so as we were walking around trying to talk to people, we found a park and decided to explore it a little more. The people weren't too thrilled about talking to us, so we were just trying to enjoy the sunlight and not get too discouraged...our usual routine. AND THEN. So there were these 2 guys about our age coming down the path. I really really hate talking to more than one person at once, let alone 2 young men, so I wanted to just wait to talk to the older man behind them. But all of the sudden I had this sudden overwhelming feeling that one of them was going to listen to us, and we needed to stop them. I immediately turned to them and as I did so, one of them stopped without me having to say anything, while the other one rolled his eyes and walked away. So lucky us, we got to meet Benjamin and talk to him for awhile about how he came to believe in Jesus Christ! It was so awesome, and at the end he asked if he could come to church. Well um...YES OF COURSE. We invited him to the Elder's ward so hopefully he showed up! In any case, I definitely think it was worth it because a) he'll totally be ready for the missionaries later and b) we strengthened our faith in Christ. Win win win.

On Thursday we had Tausch with the Sisters in Celle, so I got to go up there!! It's a beautiful city, I totally recommend googling it. Also I had to ride a bike, that was the WORST. But I got over it and loved my time with Sister Curtis.

Also right before we left we went to this hamburger restaurant and watched all these fancy European business people eat their burgers and fries with a knife and fork hahaha we couldn't stop laughing. I wish I got a picture of it.

Friday was INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was splendid. We decorated the apartment and made sure all the Elders knew haha. I'm especially proud of my Elders, they wrote us such nice cards and gave us flowers and chocolate for the occasion! Then our Zone Leaders called us and told us how much they appreicated us. I love love love Women's Day, in case you were wondering.

On Saturday we went to a city called Hameln to help the other Elders in our district do finding. Hameln is famous for being the city where the story of the Pied Piper took place! It is soooooooooo cool and I took lots of pictures. Yay yay yay.

And then yesterday at church I had a big surprise...my old companion Sister Uhlig showed up!!!! She's apparently dating someone in my ward here haha. But she decided to come and visit his family/surprise me!! I was so so happy and we had a hard time leaving each other's side the entire time haha. Oh man, I miss her so much :(

Well, that's a very short summary of my amazing week. I'm going now to Bergen-Belsen (a famous concentration camp) so I don't have a lot of time to write. But I love you all!!

Love,
Sister Young

Pictures:
1. Pretty Bielefeld day

2. Me in Celle!

3. In Hameln!

No comments:

Post a Comment