6.02.2012

May 28, 2012

Haaaaaaaapy birthday to ME.

Thank you all for your birthday cards and packages and love. It was a really really super day, especially because it was Zone Conference and I didn't have to have a normal missionary day!! Ha ha ha!!!

Also some people in the ward love me lots and lots and made me food and wonderful things. BUT I should tell you that for some unknown reason I have been collecting German children stories that I read for my language study and my favorite lady in ward gave me a complete Brothers Grimm Fairytales set!!!!!!!!!!! I cried a little bit, maybe. It's AWESOME. So yes, I will read you bedtime stories in German when I get back. And then you will have nightmares because they're in German. Ha.

So listen. We found a wonderful new investigator from Afghanistan named Fatima. The problem? She doesn't speak German. Not even a little bit. So we went over for our appointment and much to her dismay her son couldn't stay to translate! So we ended up trying to communicate - always an adventure. We managed to find out that several members in her family have died recently from the Taliban. Also she was married at 10 years old and had her first son at 13! As she was telling us about her life she just started to bawl. Oh we felt so bad, we didn't know what to do! So we asked if we could pray with her. Sister Schaerr gave a beautifuly simple prayer and asked God to bless this wonderful woman and her family. Right after the prayer she grabbed all of us (totally a surprise) and hugged us till we couldn't breathe. She kept kissing our necks and saying, "Danke, Danke, Danke!" Needless to say, it was a beautiful experience. We love meeting with her and we also teach her son now! Yay :)

Speaking of prayer, Yalda prayed!!!!!!! I am so proud of her. She told us that one day she asked her mom if they could go to the park. Her mom said no, so she went into her room and "prayed exactly like we told her." In her (translated) words:
"I remember that you told me that when we talk to God we say what is in our heart. I really wanted to go to the park that day so I prayed really hard that Mom would let me. Then right after I stopped Mama came in and told me that she changed her mind and we could go!"
Is that not the most adorable thing you've ever heard? The best part is that Yalda immediately told her mom what she had done and it made a big impact on her. Things are starting to roll!!!!

Speaking of things rolling, a man pooped is pants on the train yesterday. Bahhahahahahahahaha. It smelled SO nasty and I have never seen anyone run as fast as he did off that train. Poor guy.

Here are some pictures. The adorable little girl is Yalda and Frau Bastan-Mehr is the unbelievably gorgeous woman in purple. I hope you like them.

LOVE YOU ALL.

Sister Young




No comments:

Post a Comment