2.27.2012

February 27, 2012




Yo my wonderful peoples of the world.



I had some pretty crazy wonderful experiences this week. Would you like to hear them? Yes you would.




Just so you know, I really like lists. So I'm just going to do this list-style and save us all the trouble of trying to make sense out of the random paragraphs with no transitions I would have written. You're welcome.




1.) So we were teaching one of our drunkard investigators and having a great time because a) he speaks English and b) he's always at least a little buzzed when he comes to lessons and you never really know what's going to come out of his mouth. He's super great. ANYWAY one of the times he was going off on something completely random, as usual, he told a story about how his friend wanted to do something to change their life. I think his friend's idea was to get super drunk and jump off a bridge or something, but our investigator said that he suggested they go to church. Why you might ask? "Because my mother put Jesus in my heart." Isn't that the sweetest phrase you've ever heard? It totally reminded me of the story in the Book of Mormon about the stripling warriors and their mothers. I just wanted to share that cute thought with you.




2.) Mmk. Best news ever ever ever. WE FOUND A FAMILY TO TEACH!!!!!!! If anyone who reads this has served a mission, you know how awesomely cool that is. They're from Iran and they are SO cool. The husband is here on political asylum (did I spell that right...?) because he basically hates everyone down there haha. It's really great. He spends a lot of time talking about how evil he thinks the government is there because of all the people they kill, particularly Christians. He also hates what they do to women, so naturally WE'RE BEST FRIENDS. His wife is SO COOL and they have the cutest children on the face of the planet, a boy who's 14 and a girl who's 5. At the end of our lesson with them the little girl, Yalda, leaned her head on my shoulder and said, "Ich mag euch," which means, "I like you." Basically my heart melted and it was the best thing that ever happened to me.




3.) We experienced a MIRACLE. So. With Tigran, one of our baptismal dates, we have quickly found out that Satan really doesn't want him to get baptized. Duh. But he's working sooooo hard on Tigran and it's a mess for us. So Tigran didn't know if he wanted to get baptized anymore, especially considering we pushed his date back to March 11th. Apparently that was a sign for him or something, I don't know. So we've been praying and praying and yesterday we had stake conference, which was broadcasted from Salt Lake City. Tigran and Sofia came and we ended up hearing from Elder Russel M. Nelson and Elder Eyring, 2 of my favorite Apostals. Well when I saw that Eyring would be speaking, I knew everything would be ok. And it WAS. Elder Eyring gave a talk about baptism and told a story about someone who didn't know if they should be baptized and was really struggling with it but finally decided to get baptized on MARCH 11th. And then Eyring talked about Mosiah 18 and read the scripture from Alma asking the people to just freaking get it overwith and BE BAPTIZED. Can you believe that?!?!?!!?!? It was insane. My companion and I started crying it was so crazy. I've never had an experience like that where my prayers have been answered so bluntly with the most perfect thing imaginable. All ist gut. Aaaaaaaaall ist gut.




4.) In case you were wondering, German still sucks. Blah. But I've found a trick. In German there are like a million and one ways to say "the" - der, die, das, den, dem, des....WHATEVER. I've found the best thing to do is to make a "daaaaah" sound very quickly and people can't really tell the difference and accept whatever you're saying. Win.










I love you all. Keep praying for me. PLEASE.




Lurves.




Sister Young




ps. I really like letters...and pictures...and walruses. But don't worry about sending those.

No comments:

Post a Comment