6.22.2011

Lesson #55

Today's Lesson Objective includes:

1.) Guilty pleasures.

We all have them. Something we secretly love more than life but would never admit to anyone, or at least not to people you don't know or you're trying to impress.

Well today I am going to reveal one of my favorites: I watch The Bachelorette.

YES, I understand it is completely against all feminist ideals. I really hate it and I'm constantly criticizing it all the time, but I CAN'T STOP WATCHING IT.

There are several reasons for this obsession, or at least for this season.

#1. Ames
He is soooo cute! You just want to pinch his cheeks. He studied at Harvard and Yale and he's the kindest most gentle guy on the planet. Life will lose meaning if he's kicked off.

#2. Drama
I don't consider myself a drama queen, but this show will make you giddy with all the ridiculous made-up tension the producers infuse into the story line. It almost wants to make you barf it's so unreal. Get this: Ashely (THE Bachelorette) totally fell for the biggest douche bag on the face of the planet named Bentley, who happens to be from Salt Lake. Anyway, this guy decides to leave because she's not pretty enough and her heart was broken. She tried to get over him, but a couple weeks later she decided she "needed closure" with Bentley and asked him to come back. So he's coming back next on next week's episode and all the other guys are PISSED. You have to watch it with me. We'll laugh and throw popcorn at the screen.

.......

I tried to think of other reasons but none were coming to mind. That's all I really needed to keep me coming back every week.

In case you were wondering, this is Ashley, the Bachelorette for this season.


She's from Maine and she just graduated from UPenn's Dental school. She also dances and competed nationally.

But what do the guys say every time they get a chance to talk to her?

"Uhh...you're gorgeous. I like you because you're pretty and so real and I feel so much chemistry."

You are dumb, boys. She has all this going for her and all you can tell her is that she's pretty?

Dumb.




3 comments:

  1. I most definitely have the same guilty pleasure. Glad someone else does. But oh bentley drama. Gotta love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm right there with you. i LOVE the bachelor/ette and I can't stop watching. Season after season it's so painful but I love it. I totally agree about Ames, love him AND JP and Ben F (+his mop). I think we should go boycott Bently's family fun center in salt lake with signs letting the world know the bently williams is a major douche with nasty hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Danielle: If I could "like" your comment, I would do it 10 times.

    ReplyDelete