11.19.2012

November 19, 2012

So guess what.

Did I ever tell you about a girl named Ronny from China? Well if I didn't, that's a shame because SHE GOT BAPTIZED THIS WEEK.

Ok ok this is the story:

So this cute Chinese girl walks into church one day and basically asks for the lessons. The Elders got there like 2 SECONDS before we did so they made out an appointment with her. I'm not going to keep going on this because it makes me SO ANGRY every single time I think about it, especially because the Elders got a lot of crap for teaching her, the ward thought it would be better for her to meet with Sisters, but she was golden so they wanted to do it. WHATEVER I'M DONE. Anyway, so Sister Larsen and I became friends with her and she turned into a Tiergarten Missionary project, being taught by the Elders and befriended by the Sisters and counseled by the Johnsons (senior couple here). And last week, last minute, she decided to be baptized!! And she's amazing. The baptism was so wonderful and she is such an example to me. Aaaaah man if I could just put into words the intense Christ-like love I feel for this girl. Someday you will all meet her because I made her promise to visit me in America :)

Well with all this excitement going on, putting on a baptism in 2 days and all, finding out that I AM BEING TRANSFERRED blew me over. Not really, I've been in Berlin quite some time (6 months) and I knew I would be leaving. But now that Ronny is here and everything is going great with our investigators I don't want to leave!!

Blah.

I'm sure y'all are on the edge of your seat now, so I'll just get the cat right out of the bag by letting you know that I am going to a city called Bielefeld.

This is excellent for the following reasons:
1. It's in the west!!!!!! West Germans are much nicer than the Eastern haha. Also I just really really loved West Germany so I am excited to go back.
2. Before my mission I always said that I wanted to go to Hamburg - check. When I got here and people asked me where I wanted to serve, I would say "Tiergarten and/or Bielefeld." Does the Lord love me? Yes he does.
3. The city is famous among the sisters of the mission for "being on fire." Apparently they have a ton of baptisms every year and really really solid members that love missionary work. I've heard from several sisters that served there that they hardly had time to find because they're running from appointment to appointment all the time, but no worries because people talk to them on the street all the time! And the people they teach are NORMAL! Hahaha this is quite a feat.

Ok ok ok I'm done writing.

I love you all.

Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you stuff your faces full and watch "It's a Wonderful Life" and sleep for me.


Love,
Sister Young

Pictures:
1. At Ronny's baptism!
2. Taken right after she was baptized!

No comments:

Post a Comment