7.18.2012

July 16, 2012

Hello people in the normal world!

I am officially obsessed with Haribo Pico-ballas. I will send some home they are so gooooood. Just thought you'd like to know.

Transfer results are in! And I am staying, of course. So is my lovely German comp. This is actually her last transfer! Gah! We have to plan the most epic last transfer ever in the coolest city in Germany. Ya ya ya.

This week was so boring. I don't have any to report. We just walked and talked and preached and then some crazy man once yelled at us and chased us off the street. I thought he would kill us, but it's all ok now. We were suprised to find that the JWs didn't put an "x" by his name on the klingel (where you buzz the names). They always do that for someone that was particularly mean or not at all interested. Whatevs.

On Saturday we went to Eisenhüttenstadt for a service project with the whole zone. Eisenhüttenstadt is a small town on the border of Germany and Poland and feels very empty and abandoned. The name means "iron hut city," but it used to be called Stalinstadt. Should I translate that for you? I will refrain. It was a super communist town, in case you were wondering. Anyway, we found ourselves pulling weeds in some lot for 4 hours. I'm still a little sore. But oh well, things like that are like a vacation! Loved it. Except they made us wear those stupid yellow "mormon helping hands" shirts. Ew.

I don't have anything else to report. I hope your lives are great. Love you to pieces.

Sister Young

No comments:

Post a Comment