12.13.2011


December 12, 2011


What is up my peoples?!?!?!


I know, I miss you too. Also I have many things to tell you. Because I know you absolutely love lists, here's one for you:


CRAZIEST WEEK EVER

1. There is a missionary here named "Elder Fickin." It means the f-word in German. You have no idea how hilarious that is for us Deutschers. Oh how I wish he was coming to Germany!

2. Can I just tell you how amazing all my friends are? Because they're the best. Friends in the real world, friends here in the MTC...I am SO freaking blessed.

3. There is an Elder here who will NEVER LEAVE ME ALONE. Help?!?!?

4. I had this interview with this really sexist old man and it went something like this -


Old man: Why aren't you married? You're pretty enough.
Me: Oh I don't know, maybe it has something to do with the fact that LOOKS AREN'T THE ONLY THING THAT FACTOR INTO MARRIAGE/ I DON'T TO BE MARRIED/ I AM ON A MISSION WHY ARE YOU ASKING ME THIS?!?!?!?!


Later....
Old man: Well obviously your feministic views are prohibiting you from having a normal relationship with men.
*pause*
Old man: How do you feel right now?
Me: Well, I feel that you have no idea who I am and therefore are making judgements against me that are unfounded. You have preconceived notions of who I am because I'm a "feminist" and that's driving your perception of me.
Old man: That's probably true.


You might think I'm kidding, but I'm not. That's really how it went down. And I really did say those things back to him, but that shouldn't really suprise you.


5. So the music lady here found me and made me promise to come back into auditions and sing "O, Holy Night." Can you believe it?!?!? After my traffic accident of performance last time, she's insisting that I sing for Christmas. Ridiculous. But yes, I'm doing it. No idea why.

6. Ok. So we have something called the TRC and I'm pretty sure I already told you about this. Anyway, so one of the volunteers who comes in is a student at BYU and she's from Germany. We have had her EVERY SINGLE WEEK (which is unusual because we usually switch up the people we teach every week). Oh, and did I mention that she's not a mormon in real life? Way to add the pressure. Anyway, so we've actually grown pretty close to her these past few months and this week she made us earrings! How cool is that??! Also she wrote on her comment card that she'd like to start coming to church and read the Book of Mormon. Aaaaaaah. I'm going to miss her so much :(

7. Did you people know that 1 in 5 old mormon men served in Germany? I swear it's true.

8. Teaching here is one of the most frustrating and rewarding things I have ever done. Most days we can't speak German the way we want and our investigator is not understanding and it's a big mess. But every once in a while you'll have an AMAZING lesson where your German still wasn't perfect but the Spirit is totally there and your investigator is opening up and telling you everything you wanted to hear and more and it's just awesome. Just so you know.


Well my peeps, the church is true. I love you a whole lot.


ALSO! I know you all want to send me Christmas packages of love, but you should know that they need to get to me BEFORE Dec. 23rd. K thanks.


I love you!


Sister Young

No comments:

Post a Comment