10.06.2008

Lesson #2

Today's Lesson Objectives include:

1.) Midterms don't really matter if you've got a bag of oreos and some crazy music.

Your study sessions will never happen if you've got 2 or more girls with some major ADD and no desire to do homework, especially if you've waited until 1am to get started. So kick back, relax, and realize that you were going to fail that stupid test anyway. You might as well gain a couple pounds while you pass away your precious sleeping time talking about ridiculous boys and laughing at facebook pictures.

2.) Write yourself some letters so you don't feel like an idiot when you're the only one who doesn't receive any mail.

I'm writing 7 missionaries and a couple friends from back home and I still don't get any mail! I'm almost sick of waiting for the stupid mail truck everyday at 3:30pm when there's nothing to show for it. And what's worse is that I'm the first one there and I'm always the one with NO mail, minus some retarded ads for 30% off the next time you get your wisdom teeth out. Do someone a solid and write them a sweet letter or send them a cheesy card - it's the thought that always counts. Besides, there's a good chance their camping out by the mailbox waiting for their life to take some new direction.

1.) Don't let your uncertain future affect the way you live today. (You need a real lesson every now and then!)

I've been totally stressing in the past couple of days about my major and trying to decide what I want to do with the rest of my life. I'm stuck between trying to take one day at a time and being able to decide my major so that I can graduate in the time I was hoping to, between trying to figure out myself and the person I want to be or should be, between figuring out if I should go the distance with my education or just take the bare minimum. I decided to go to the advisement center on campus and talk to someone who could help me figure out a major for me, or at least point me in the right direction. While I was waiting on the bus for my stop, I picked up a school newspaper that was on the seat next to me. The cover story was about one of President Monson's talks at General Conference, and it read "I plead with you not to let those most important things pass you by as you plan for that illusive and non-existent future. Instead, find joy in the journey now." I felt so silly for being so blind to it all. Basically, all I'm trying to say is keep your eyes on the future but don't let go of today. It's all you get for the time-being.

No comments:

Post a Comment