12.29.2012

December 10, 2012

Weeeeeeell let's get a good start on the week by letting you know that I finally found out that I am serving in the Motherland, Germany.

Yes, yes. It is true. We have just found out that WE ARE TEACHING A NAZI.

But not anymore, because we closed that bag up reeeaaally quick. I guess I am just surprised that it took me so long on my mission to find one!

That's a lie, I've seen lots of them from a far away distance. But to actually shake one's hand...only the privilege was granted in the lovely setting of Bielefeld. Oh, what a glorious week.

On the plus side, we were invited to eat with a lovely old woman yesterday after church and she said she would make whatever we wanted!!!! So, naturally, I requested rouladen, the most delicious German dish in the universe. She she was kind enough to whip that up with some rotkohl and klöße, accompaigned by some homemade sauces. I LOVE MY MISSION. Also she said she could teach me her ways, maybe I will try to make it someday when I'm back home. Maybe.

You know what really sucks about a mission? 2 things.

1. Everyone thinking you are a Jehovah's Witness.
I'm sure they are great people, but they have a reputation for being scary and pushy, which is a shame because when people see us they immediately run away in fear. SCHADE (pronounced sha-duh, not sure if there's a good English translation but it's like saying "too bad" or, in my words, "poo"). Anyway, so one day this week we stopped by a member's home to get to know them a little better because they had recently moved in. As we climbed the staircase to their apartment, all the neighbors came out of their doors and stared us down with angry looks...not particularly unsual for us but WHAT THE HECK MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!! While we were sitting with the couple and sharing a spiritual thought, there was a knock at the door. Turns out it was the neighbor lady asking if they had JWs in their home and if they need any assistance in removing them. WHY ARE PEOPLE SO RUDE??! Oh, silly Germans.

2. Arranging joint teaches.
It's one thing to be having a hard time trying to figure out how to bring joint teaches to your lessons, but what about when you have plenty of people volunteering for joint teaches and none of your investigators show??? One word: SATAN. I would chop off his meddling hand if I could.

Ok I am really tired. Have a lovely week and eat lots of Butterfingers for me because I just barely realized that I miss those a lot.

Lurve.

Sister Young

No comments:

Post a Comment